New Catholic Homeschooler

OK, I'm starting my first year homeschooling! Can I do it? Will my kids learn? Will my hair turn gray(er)? Will my house ever be clean? Praying for God's grace and guidance while we embark on our new family journey.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

2 more weeks!!! Dah dah dummmm.....

Oh my goodness, homeschooling starts 2 weeks from tomorrow. 2 WEEKS! yikes! I'm excited, I'm nervous. This will be the first year for us. I'll be homeschooling our second grade son. I also have an almost-3-year old daughter and a 4 month old infant. Hence the nervousness. Where will I get the patience? I'm told that God will provide. I'll definitely pray for that!

When I asked my little guy if he is excited about starting homeschooling, he said "uhhhhhhmmmm, yes. (pause) I guess." Was he just trying to be nice? Gosh, I hope he does well with this new adventure. And I hope I am a good teacher.

I've recently joined a Catholic homeschooling group in our area, and met some great moms. I can't wait to get to know them more. I really don't know anyone who homeschools - so relying on this group, and relying on the many wonderful blogs out there of fellow homeschool moms will be important for me!

I started this blog because, well - first of all I love reading other blogs. And second of all, I thought it would be neat to chronicle our first year - so by the time May/June comes, I can look back and say "gosh - why was I so nervous? this was easy!".

2 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger laurathecrazymama said…

    YAY! for you guys! You will LOVE homeschooling, I just know it. It feels funny, at first, but keep getting support and soon you will be the veteran! Second grade is pretty easy, so it's great that you can transition in this early grade and he will soon not know the difference and will love it himself! My almost 3 year old and the baby are a real challenge to homeschooling the olders, but I feel like they will learn as the years go by about parenting and patience (either how to have it or NOT have it!)from me as well as the academics! Don't worry about being a good teacher. You can't HELP but be a good teacher because you know what your son needs and you will find your way, together.

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Reenie said…

    Awwwww, my first commenter! THANKS! you made my day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home