New Catholic Homeschooler

OK, I'm starting my first year homeschooling! Can I do it? Will my kids learn? Will my hair turn gray(er)? Will my house ever be clean? Praying for God's grace and guidance while we embark on our new family journey.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Inspiration for today and always.....

I found this prayer on Seton's homepage today, and I liked it!! As I am preparing for my first year of Homeschooling, this will be especially important for me and my family.

Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus That Children May Have the Grace of a Catholic Education

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, parenthood is, I realize, a sacred trust. Let me not be neglectful of my duty. I know that proper religious education is all important and that without it, all other learning is of little worth. I appreciate, too, that it is a serious and grave obligation for Catholic parents to strive generously and perseveringly to obtain a good Catholic education for their children. Let me generously and bravely strive to obtain for them the religious education which You desire. May I remember that I shall have to give an account to You for every soul entrusted to me. Remembering this, may I generously fulfill that most important duty of any parent, to provide the proper spiritual instruction for their children. Heart of Jesus, Fountain of all knowledge, have mercy on us.


This prayer is from the book "Mother's Manual, Queen's Work, 1957". I found a newer version of this book here.



And famous quotes from Bishop Sheen for more inspiration:


“All we need do is to voice these two petitions: Dear Lord, illumine my intellect to see the Truth, and give me the strength to follow it"

Another Bishop Sheen quote for when I need strength on those difficult days when I'm sleepy, grumpy or my patience is being tested:

"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits. "








My sister has a little sign on her kitchen wall, that I always like to keep in mind:

Every day we make deposits in our children's memory banks.

I need to focus on making those deposits positive!!!! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger laurathecrazymama said…

    good ones!

     
  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    That picture of Archbishop Fulton Sheen is absolutely breathtaking. I love how it literally explains him - strength, humor, Godliness...etc.

    Good luck in your first few months of homeschooling!! It's wonderful to see that you are so enthusiastic about it! Don't let the hard times get you down ;) homeschooling life just gets better and better.

    God bless you!
    Moira

     

Post a Comment

<< Home